Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Bars

Pin It
               Peanut Butter Bars


     These Peanut Butter Bars, taste just like the ones I used to eat as a child in grade school.  However; I am not a fan of cooked frosting, so all of my frosting is NEVER cooked!  I know that is so weird, but I really love soft frosting, and my friends and family like thick frosting, so my recipe for frosting is pretty much by taste and consistency, not measurement.  
      I took these bars to a large church function, and they were eaten right up; this was to be a Gluten Free meal, but not all the desserts.  I happened to over hear a few ladies saying they didn't want Gluten Free dessert, the best part was they were eating the bars, and YUMMMING at the same time!! I couldn't wait to tell them, they were GF.  We really love this recipe and I hope you do too.   Happy Baking, Natalie                                                                                            



Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups softened butter
   1/2 cup sugar
   1 cup brown sugar
   2 cup peanut butter (I like Skippy, it is GF)   Cream these  these ingredients together, then add

   1 TB vanilla 
   3 eggs                                                               
   2 cups quick oats
   3 cups Pamela's Pancake mix
  
 Combine with the ingredients from above, pat into a large cookie sheet. 

 *  Do not overcook, it will be light in color.  Bake at 350 degrees for 18 min.   

  
            

  Chocolate Frosting
   1cube butter (softened)
    5 TBS cocoa 
    1tsp. vanilla 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
    dash of salt  add milk to make it the consistency you  like.





                                                                            

                                                                                   
                                                                                       
  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is delicious!

Unknown said...

I was at the church function when Natalie brought these. I have to admit, I think I had 2 or 3...sorry for those that didn't get one. I couldn't control myself! They were that delicious!