Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Favorite Banana Bread,Gluten Free

Pin It












                 My Favorite Banana Bread

     

     I made this bread originally a few weeks ago, there was only one problem, it didn't actually last long enough to have one single picture taken of it!!  I had to take the picture of the loaf as soon as it came out, because the minute it cooled half was gone;  so the 3 pieces you see, that was all I had left! ( I guess that means it's good)  
     This recipe is so quick and easy, it was FANTASTIC; also if you have any dairy issues, this recipe if for you.  The best part about quick bread is, is they freeze, it's good for breakfast, a snack, dessert, warm, cold it doesn't matter it's just great to have.  I hope you enjoy this bread a much as I do, and my family and friends!  Happy Baking, Natalie





Ingredients:
This was adapted from Better Homes and Gardens 
-1 3/4 cups Pamela's Bread Flour
-2/3 cup sugar
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-1  cup mashed banana (2to 3 med bananas)
-1/3 cup butter, or oil 
-2 TB Buttermilk
-1 tsp pure vanilla extract
-2 large eggs 
-1/4 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips(I used none of the above)
 
Putting it together:
This makes 1 loaf*
1-In a large bowl or mixer add the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt mix them together.  
2-Add banana, butter or oil and buttermilk, beat them in the mixer until blended for about 2 minutes. 
3-Next add eggs and vanilla mix until combined well, about 2 minutes, scraping the sides, add nuts or chocolate chips now if you would like.
4-Pour the batter into the pan now and smooth the top. 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, use a 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.  Make sure and spray your pan with cooking spray, I like so sprinkle my pan  with a little sugar, instead of flour, to help it come out of the pan easier. (my husband loves it this way) Bake it for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes in the pan, then take it out of the pan and cool some more. 
  I have no idea why there is a color change in the bread, it is not burned, it doesn't taste burned in the least.  It's just weird, dark to light from the bottom to the top, both times I made it.



This is my section called Favorite Things:
One of my very Favorite things is Buttermilk, I don't care what kind you get I think it makes everything Gluten Free so much BETTER!  I have baked without out it, and the texture is never as good or as light.  If you don't or haven't baked with it, you definitely need to try it! 


No comments: