Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Gluten Free Blond Brownies

Pin It

 

Blond Brownies

   My friend told me about this recipe, her mom always used to make for them when they were kids, this was one of her very favorite treats ever.  So I took the challenge, to see if I could make a Gluten Free version taste just like her moms.  I have to admit I was really nervous, her mom is an excellent cook, and Gwen is one of my very favorite people, so I didn't want to let her down!!  Well I am happy to say, Gwen tried the brownies, and said they tasted just like her original, Gluten Full recipe!!!! YAHOOOOO!  I was so HAPPY!!  I have been given several more recipes by neighbors, and can't wait to try them too.  I try to add at least 1-2 recipes a weekend, depending on how many actually turn out; so if you like my recipes you can follow me here or check me out on Pinterest too.  Thanks and I hope you enjoy it, as much as my family and neighbors did.  Natalie


    Ingredients:
-2/3 cup butter
-2 1/4 cups  brown sugar
-3 eggs
-2 2/3 cups Pamela's Bread Flour
-2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

  First- In a sauce pan, melt butter, then stir in brown sugar and mix together on low for about 2 min..then let it cool for 10-15 min, if you don't when you mix it together with the chocolate chips you will have CHOCOLATE BROWNIES :(  
  Second-after the cool down period, add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
  Third-Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips and nuts(if desired) and mix until well blended.

            
   Bake at 350 degrees...for 35 min in a 9x13 inch glass pan(if metal cook less) spray with Pam baking spray.  Spread it out evenly, the batter will be thick, make sure and check the very center with a tooth pick to ensure that it comes out clean.  They will look a little under cooked until they are completely cooled.  Then cut and enjoy.



No comments: