Friday, August 9, 2013

Gluten Free Fresh Peach, Nectarine and Strawberry Tart

Pin It Fresh Peach, Nectarine and Strawberry Tart

     Oh how I love Summer, let me count the ways...fresh fruit of every variety I can get my hands on, garden vegetables, flip flops, shorts, Summer sunsets, listening to the children giggling late into the night, swimming pools, ballgames , family barbeques and that is my short list.  As my kids get older I cherish Summer more every year, because it means they are growing up and soon my house will be too quiet. (by the way, I never thought I would EVER say that!!!)  So, with all of the fantastic fruits available, I decided to try my first tart and use some of my FAVORITES all at one time!!   Also, anytime I can mix a little salty, sweet and easy, I am in heaven!   Thanks for all of the emails, comments and the catches,(someone caught a recipe type O, good catch!) I appreciate you all taking the time to visit my little blog.  Happy Baking, Natalie





Ingredients:
 Adapted from My Man's Belly
-1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels(I use only Snyder's GF they don't get mushy)
-3/4 melted butter
-1/2 cup sugar
-8 oz. room temperature cream cheese
-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
-1/4 tsp almond extract
-Now to the fruit, I would use 4 ripe peaches, 4 nectarines, and 8-10 strawberries.( I however, did not quite have enough fruit because some of my peaches ended up having a really funky texture and "my helpers" were eating the strawberries.  So I would make it bigger and fuller.



 Preheat oven to 350, bake for 15 minutes.  Put a baking sheet underneath just to be safe, so you don't accidentally push the bottom out.  Cool completely before adding the cream filling.
 
Crust:
To crush the pretzels, use a mallet and a gallon bag, or a coffee cup.  I used my food processor and it made it way too pulverized.(I like some texture)
-put the crushed pretzels, melted butter  and sugar in
a bowl and mix it together with a spoon.  Spray the bottom of your Tart Pan, then press the crust into the pan firmly and Bake.  While the crust is baking, peel and cut your fruit, then put them in the fridge to rest.




 Cream Filling:Use a hand mixer or mixer.
-beat the 8oz. cream cheese,  the powdered sugar and the almond together until smooth.  In another bowl, whip the Heavy Cream into whipped cream, then mix it in with the cream cheese mixture, use the hand mixer with this too, on low until they are all combined together.


Putting together:
Spread the Cream Filling on the crust, then layer the fruit as you like, keep it in the fridge and serve when all chilled.  Top with whipped cream or ice cream.  It's DELICIOUS!!!



No comments: