Sunday, August 18, 2013

Gluten Free Fresh Peach and Strawberry Pie

Pin It
Fresh Peach and Strawberry Pie
 
Terrible picture
     I can't pass up an opportunity to make a dessert with our WONDERFUL, fresh fruit!  So sorry, to all of you chocolate lovers, it's fruit time for a little while longer.  So, I have been all over Pinterest and my cookbooks, looking for yummy ways to make cold desserts, and NOT COOK the fruit; in case I haven't mentioned, I hate cooked fruit with a passion!!!!  So, if you see a recipe with cooked fruit in it, my family begged for it.  This pie was pretty quick and tasty, it looks ugly in the picture (now I see why the lady I got the recipe from didn't take a photo of it cut)  it slides apart, so if you are looking for a dessert that is BEAUTIFUL to serve this is not the one.  Of course if you are looking for tasty treat, full of fresh fruit, this is for you!  I hope you enjoy it.  Happy Baking, Natalie

Ingredients:
Adapted from 5 boys baker.com
 Crust-
-2 cups crushed gluten free graham crackers(I used K-Kritters)
-1/4 cup butter,  or4TBS (melted)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake 12 minutes,  then cool.
Combine in a bowl, spray the pie pan with Pam.  Then press into the sides and bottom of pan firmly.  I didn't crush my cookies enough, they were a little large.

The topping is also graham cookies

Filling:
-1 pound of strawberries hulled and sliced.
-3 or 4 ripe peaches peeled and diced in bite size chunks.
-1 can sweetened condensed milk 
-1/4 cup or a little less if you don't love lemon 
-1 cup heavy cream or cool whip to put on the top of the pie when you're done ( depends if you are in a hurry or not) 

Mix the peaches and strawberries in a bowl, give them a toss, then spoon it onto the crust.  Now in the same bowl put the sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice, mix together, then pour it over the peaches and strawberries.  Let  it chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes, then top with the whipped cream or cool whip.  EAT THIS THE FIRST DAY, IT WON'T STAY TOGETHER.






To me, nothing is better then a fresh fruit dessert on a HOT day!



No comments: