Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gluten Free Soft Sugar Cookies

Pin It

                            Soft Sugar Cookies

 









       Christmas time is my favorite time of year, I just love everything about it.  As a child I remember always waiting to watch The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty The Snowman, Here Comes Santa Claus and the rest of the fun holiday movies; when these came on I knew it was getting close to Christmas!! Yay!  My mom always made Sugar cookies, which I loved to decorate, and Spritz cookies that had a slight almond flavor, I could eat a million  of these (seriously!!)   Cookies, especially Sugar cookies remind me of Christmas.   I got the MOST FANTASTIC recipe from my friend Diana a few years back, and have made them for my neighbors and given them out for Christmas ever since then(they love them by the way!). 

        So, after my Celiacs diagnoses last November that makes it 2 years since I have  had a sugar cookie; but several tries later, my family said I have hit the mark!!!  These are great, the texture and taste are GREAT, and with Cream Cheese frosting on top, how can you go wrong.  I hope you will give these cookies a try, and love them as much as we do.  Natalie

     

    

Ingredients:

-3/4cup softened butter

-1cup granulated sugar

-2 large eggs

-1tsp pure vanilla extract

-2 1/2 cups Pamela's Bread flour

-2 tsp baking powder

-1tsp baking soda

    

 

Combine-

Mix the butter and sugar together until they are nice and fluffy, in a mixer of bowl with a hand mixer.  Then add in vanilla, baking powder and baking soda and mix again.  Next add the eggs and then the flour, and mix until the flour is mixed in.  Then roll into a ball or squarish ball, and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 -2 max.  If you cool it too long, it is a beast to roll out, and you will have to let it warm a bit.  Use a little flour on your roller to help it not stick, and on your surface.  Roll to 1/4-1/2 inch depending on how thick you like your cookies.

   

I only ate 10, each time I baked


  Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, spray your pan with Pam.  If you make your cookies 1/4 inch bake for 8min, 1/2 inch bake for 10 min.  Make sure and put the cookies on the middle rack in the oven, for some reason the bottom browns up really quickly, and the top doesn't.  




Seriously, I absolutely love cookies, it's a problem!!


 

3 comments:

Angela Alexander said...

These look so delicious!!! I think I need to just go ahead and purchase that flour already, lol. Do you offer any gluten AND dairy free recipes? I can eat eggs, but I can't have milk because of the casein. I reserve products with cheese for once a month, though. My friends laugh because I'll take a Benedryl so my throat doesn't close up to much, lol. Only been to the hospital once. I love CHEESE!!! Anywho, thanks for posting such awesome recipes!!! Happy holidays!!!

Unknown said...

@Angela Alaxander, I'm in the same boat. I use duck egg per 2 chicken eggs called for. and almond milk instead of cows milk! Enjoy!!!

Natalie said...

@Erin Sabo, Thanks for the Dairy free help! much appreciated, Natalie