Friday, December 7, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies

Pin It

          Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies





     Tis the Season to eat mint everything!  Ok, lets be honest I eat mint whenever I can get my hands on it; mint ice cream, Stephen's Mint Truffle cocoa, Hershey's Mint Kisses, and sadly no more Mint M&M's (I don't understand why M&M's need gluten?)  So I decided I love anything chocolate and especially DARK CHOCOLATE, so why not combine Dark chocolate cookies and mint, what is NOT to love!!   If you have seen my blog, I have a lot of chocolate on here, Yes, I admit it, I DO HAVE A PROBLEM! Isn't that the first step to recovery??  My family I think gets a little tired of chocolate, but they can eat whatever they want, so I bake what sounds good to me!  Maybe I will throw the VANILLA people a bone after Christmas, and make something for the Chocolate haters of the world.  Happy Eating, Natalie




Ingredients:


1-  2 cubes butter softened

2-  1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

3-  2 eggs

4-  2 tsp pure vanilla extract

5-  2 cups Pamela's Bread mix and Flour Blend

6- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa( I have half dark/half regular)

7-34 Frozen Andes mints(pounded with a mallet into small pieces)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees- use a lightly sprayed cookie sheet.

  -In a large bowl or mixer, combine butter and sugar and mix until they are nice and fluffy, next add the cocoa and mix it well.  Then add eggs, vanilla and flour mix until it is well blended.  Add the Andes chunks and mix slowly until combined, don't over mix, they mints break up and change they texture if you do and make it a little gritty.

   - Roll the cookies into balls and bake for 8 to 10 min (I liked 8-9 minutes, ) they may not looked all the way cooked but once they cool, they will be perfect, so don't overcook.  The texture was a little different because of the mints, but they still tasted GREAT!  Let them cool for a minute or two on a wire rack then, then take the cookies off the pan .

 















 

No comments: