Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gluten Free Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

Pin It

        Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

       Oh, my gosh I have to say ,I made these brownies months ago with another GF flour blend, and I had a brownie VOLCANO, it was a nightmare!  My stove was covered in brownie, and burned yet once again; however, the brownie that was left in the pan TASTED FANTASTIC, and my daughter has been after me to make them ever since!  This time was a success, and the brownies made it one day, and were eaten up.  I am sorry I didn't get this up earlier this weekend, but if was my in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary.   Happy 50th once again Bob and Jody , we love you! Natalie


Ingredients-

This recipe originated from Sweet Pea's Kitchen

-1/2 cup butter

-2 oz dark chocolate coarsely chopped 

-1 cup sugar

-2 large eggs

-1 tsp pure vanilla extract

-1 1/2 tsp red food coloring( I use food gels)

-3/4 cup Pamela's Bread flour

-1 tsp baking soda

Cheesecake mix-

-8 oz cream cheese room temperature

-1/3 cup sugar

-1 large egg

-1/2 tsp vanilla

 

 Directions- preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, of brownie, and the cheesecake was no longer giggly.  Use an 8x8 glass baking dish, either line it with parchment or spray it with PAM, ( I used the Pam and had no problems)

1- In a small heat proof bowl heat chocolate and butter, melt and stir until smooth, then set aside and let it cool for a few minutes while you do step number 2

2-In a large bowl or mixer, mix together sugar, eggs,vanilla and red food gel or coloring.

3- Add the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth, then add flour and baking soda.  Only stir until the mixture is combined and no longer showing any white.

4- Pour it unto the pan, and spread it evenly.

5-Prepare the cheesecake layer by adding the cream cheese, egg and vanilla, and sugar into a med bowl and beat together until they are all creamed together.  Drop the cream cheese mix, into 8 dollops, and then use a knife and make a design back and forth through them.  ( mine was not as beautiful as the original, but tasted great!)

 

  

 Chocolate and Cheesecake, what is not to love!!!









 


















 

No comments: