Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cake

Pin It

                      Peanut Butter Cake


I have seen this recipe on Pinterest many times, I really like peanut butter and so does most of my family so I decided to try it.  The first time I made it, it was GREAT, however; something happened to my pictures, so I had to make it again.  The second time I made this, I did however learn something.  The kind of peanut butter you use does affect your cake.  I used Skippy the first time, my go to brand, the second time I used an off brand and man was my cake OILY.  Also I think the peanut butter frosting is great but, I think it is a little bit of a peanut butter OVERLOAD; so I personally would make a Chocolate Ganache frosting for it next time.  Honestly, who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate, except for my daughter and my sister, I just don't understand it!?  Try it either way, you can't go wrong.  Happy Baking, Natalie 


 Ingredients: This recipe originated from The Clever Housewife

-1/2 cup water

-2cubes butter

-1 cup Skippy Peanut Butter( I used chunky)

-2 cups sugar 

-2 tsp baking soda

-1 tsp baking powder

-1/2 tsp salt

-2 cups Pamela's Bread Flour

-1 tsp pure vanilla extract

- 2 large eggs

-1 cup buttermilk

 

   In a large bowl or mixer add baking soda, baking powder, salt,  and Pamela's mix into the bowl.  In a sauce pan add butter, peanut butter and water, bring to a boil and stir them together.  Once they have boiled turn it off and then add it to the mixed flour mixture.  When you add the two together mix well, then add vanilla, eggs and buttermilk,  scrape down the sides and mix well for 2 MINUTES ON LOW, if you don't it gives you air bubbles.  If you get air bubbles just pop them with a tooth pick, it tastes just the same.  The batter is thick, so just spread it into the bottom of the pan.

       Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, use a large cookie sheet, spray with Pam.  Bake for 23-25 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool on a wire cooling rack, then frost.

Frosting:

-1 cube of butter

-1/2 cup of peanut butter

-6 tsp milk( I used more to make it thinner)

- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

- 1 lb of powdered sugar( so half a bag of of a new 2 lb bag or 2 cups)  

  Put all of this in a pan, just re-use the same peanut butter pan from earlier.  Turn it on medium, melt the butter and peanut butter, then add the powdered sugar, and milk, STIR WITH A WHISK NOW, COOK ON LOW, IT WILL GET VERY THICK. THIS IS WHEN I ADDED MORE MILK TO THIN IT DOWN.  When you like the consistency pour it over the cake and spread.  Then enjoy !!!

 



2 comments:

Heather Ash said...

Is there really NO SUGAR in the cake part!!! Hubby could have this =-) (frosting free of course ;-/)

Natalie said...

Oh Heather, thanks for the heads up, I must have accidentally deleted it, but it has sugar, and so does the recipe again. You could replace the sugar with Stevia or honey if it would work for you. Thanks again, Natalie