Saturday, June 30, 2012

Gluten Free Banana Bread

Pin It
Banana Bread 
                                                   
This Banana Bread kicked my butt for two weeks; I made three different versions of this bread.  The first one was flat as a pancake, although it tasted GREAT, the second one was fluffy and I didn't like the texture.  So this last one, I went back to the original flour and switched things up and it turned out FABULOUS!!!! I couldn't be happier, it tastes like Banana Bread is supposed to, texture and all.  I hope you love it, if not tell me how I can improve upon it, Natalie


 Ingredients:

-3/4 cup softened butter

-1 package softened cream cheese

-2 cups sugar

-2 eggs

-1 1/2 cups smashed (ripe) bananas-4 medium

-1 tsp pure vanilla 

-3 cups Pamela's Bread flour 

-1tsp baking powder

-1 1/2 tsp baking soda

-1/2 tsp salt


Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 2   8x4x2 in loaf pans with Pam.  Bake for 70- 75 minutes or until the center comes out clean when tested with a toothpick.

 

  -In a large mixing bowl or mixer, cream together butter, sugar and cream cheese until they are light and fluffy.  Next beat in eggs, then vanilla and bananas, make sure the bananas are all incorporated, so scrape the sides and mix for 2 min.  Next add the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder mix.  Make sure they are well combined, the batter will be THICK.  Then you are ready to pour half in each loaf pan.

 


 The center did drop a little but, it doesn't affect the taste :)  If you really want to cover that,then give it a nice Cream Cheese Frosting and no one will ever know.

 The original recipe, Beverly Sprague made, came from taste of home cookbook. I have altered her recipe.

No comments: