Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Gluten Free Super Delicious Banana Cake

Pin It

                  Super Delicious Banana Cake

 



     I have been on a Banana kick lately, I want to make everything I can Gluten Free, and FANTASTIC tasting!!   I have been looking at cakes, muffins, doughnuts and breads; it might be because it's the only fruit my son will eat so I use Bananas any chance I get!  Funny thing, I have converted my kids so well, they prefer Gluten Free treats to regular ones( my son will eat whatever he can get his hands on, my daughter will not! )  I have apparently SPOILED my kids, and my sister, they did NOT  like the Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting I used!  I was informed, that I should use ONLY regular Cream Cheese Frosting or Chocolate....WELL THEN, these people are not into trying new things! ( And I thought I was boring!)  Everyone has their opinion, but I have the last say, since I have to bake it. :) Natalie


     


Ingredients:

-1 1/2 sticks butter(slightly melted)

-1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed(it called for light, I only had dark, worked great)  -3 large eggs

-4 very ripe bananas or 2 cups

-3/4 cup Buttermilk

-1 tsp pure vanilla extract 

 -3 cups Pamela's Bread flour( plus 6TB corn starch, sift them all together) this makes it like cake flour

-2tsp baking soda

-1tsp baking powder

-1/2 tsp salt

-1/2 tsp cinnamon 





Mix: First mix together the butter and the brown sugar until they are nice and creamed, about 2 minutes.  Then add the bananas, the salt, the soda, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla, mix them all tell they are combined and scrape the sides.  Next, add the buttermilk and mix, then add 1 cup of flour at a time, then 1 egg, and mix, repeat until all three are combined, make sure and scrape the sides down, MIX UNTIL ALL OF THE DRY INGREDIENTS ARE COMBINED. 
Bake at 350 degrees, for 25 minutes in a 13x18 inch sheet cake pan, sprayed with Pam cooking spray.


Caramel  Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 package room temperature cream cheese

- 1 cube butter(softened)
 -1/4 cup (gf) caramel topping
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups powdered sugar( depending on how sweet you like it)
 -1 dash salt
 - milk as needed

      Beat together the cream cheese and butter until creamy, then add vanilla, and salt.  Next add powdered sugar and mix together, add milk if it gets too thick.  Beat well.   I make this recipe, it makes a lot, if I don't use it all I put it in a sealed container in the freezer and get it out for the next time I need to frost something, it works great when your in a hurry.   



 















So easy to make..
Easy to decorate..
Feeds a crowd...
Looks like a 
"Regular" cake!   








 

3 comments:

Julie said...

Could pumpkin be substituted

Natalie said...

Julie, I really wouldn't, it took several tries to get the texture and cooking times correct. Why not check out my Pumpkin Sheet Cake. :)
Thanks, Natalie

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.