Monday, May 19, 2014

Gluten Free Nutella Brownie Trifle

Pin It

                         Nutella Brownie Trifle

      In case I have never mentioned, I absolutely love Chocolate and Dark Chocolate is EVEN better!  Anytime I go somewhere, they offer something Chocolate, it never has enough chocolate in it...ever!  Plus, I'm having my family over for dinner in a couple of weeks, so I thought I would make a quick, make ahead dessert that would satisfy the chocolate lovers of my family!  My one sister in law, informed me recently she hates all my Gluten Free treats, and if she had to go GF she would just starve...I know she won't read this, so I hope it never happens.  I'm pretty sure she hasn't tried 99% of my desserts, the rest of the family, friends and neighbors really like them, she just doesn't want to give them a chance.  
     These look pretty and taste great too, so if you want to make something that looks great and is easy to make, this is a HIT!
Happy Baking, Natalie

Ingredients:
 Adapted slightly from, On Sugar Mountain
-1 cup Pamela's Bread Flour
-3/4 cocoa powder(I use dark /regular mix) 
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-2 cups sugar
-1 cup butter (melted)
-2 tsp Pure Vanilla extract
-4 large eggs
-1cup Nutella (heated in the microwave 45 seconds)
-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1 (1oz) Sugar free Chocolate instant pudding (or any flavor you want)
-Whipping cream or the whipped cream in a can if you prefer. (this is supposed to be easy)

     -In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter(not scorching,just melted) then add the sugar and whisk, cool for a minute, move onto the flour mixture.
-In another bowl (mixer) add flour, cocoa and baking powder and mix together for 30 seconds or so.  Now leave it, go back to the butter.
-Now add the eggs, 1 at a time to the butter and sugar and whisk them in completely, then add vanilla.
-Next,On low, add the butter mix to the flour and mix, combine it, then add the Nutella, mix it again and scrape the sides....until combined then gently add the chocolate chips.  Now pour it into the pan and smooth.
To Bake:
 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line a 8x8 square pan with parchment paper( I sprayed the bottom to make it stay down) Bake for 55-57 minutes, it will still be jiggly, but it is done.  Cool completely before you take it out of the pan, or it will fall apart. I was impatient, and mine did fall apart.  I put mine in the fridge over night then cut it apart in the morning. 
-I made my brownies, then threw them in the freezer, about a half hour after they were out, to rush the process, also it makes them easy to cut! 

To assemble:
-Now onto the Pudding, make it while the brownies are cooling.
-Then make your whipped cream or don't and use the Real Whip Cream in a can, I love it, I use it sometimes too!
-Now that the Brownies are cool, cut them into bite size pieces, layer it on the bottom of whatever container you wish.
-Next Whipped Cream, then pudding and a few more Brownie chunks.
-Lastly Whipped Cream and chunk of Brownie, put in the fridge and serve when ready!  This is for Chocolate Lovers!


One of my favorite things is- The Real Whipped Cream in a can; it really does have it's uses, especially if you are in a hurry!


No comments: