Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pistachio Shortbread Dessert

Pin It


      Pistachio Shortbread Dessert

     I have been dying to to make a Pistachio dessert for forever! I love Pistachio pudding, but sadly my children do not, so I waited for Easter and invited my mom and dad over,they both really loved it. Surprisingly it was VERY rich, you could only eat one piece. This was easy to make and dang it was tasty, I almost went the cheater route and used Shortbread Cookies; but I was feeling cheap,and I knew I could whip up Shortbread in 10minutes! Yes, it's that easy!  So next time you need a crust for something, consider making and using a Shortbread Crust.  I hope you enjoy it.
Happy Baking, Natalie


  

Ingredients:
Adapted from Lil Luna
-1 cup softened butter
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 tsp baking powder
-2 cups Pamela's Bread Flour  
-2 (3.4 oz) boxes Jello Instant Pistachio Pudding
-2 3/4 cups milk
-1 (8oz) package cream cheese softened
-1 cup powdered sugar
-2 small cartons of Cool whip 

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9x13 inch glass pan with Pam. Bake for 20-22minutes or until a light golden on top.
-To make the Shortbread
-First add the butter and sugar and mix together, cream well. 
-Then add baking powder and flour, then mix well.
-Now press as evenly as possible into the pan, and bake, then cool before adding cold ingredients on top.
 Creamy layer:
-First beat your cream cheese and sugar together until smooth, then add in 2 cups(that is one small container) of Cool Whip and mix in.
-Spread onto the cooled crust.
-Next make your pudding and pour onto the cream cheese layer.
-Lastly, when the pudding has set, spread the last container of cool whip on top, let it set for at least 2 hours together. 
-Enjoy!

One of my very favorite things are, Snyder's Gluten Free Pretzels! Oh my gosh they are awesome,and now they have flavors too!   You can buy them in 4 packs for a great price on Amazon.com
  
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eating is really one of my hobby i mean part of my life and cooking is my passion.
I also love going to a place and at the same time taste their delicious and most wanted food.
I want to taste something that is new to my palate. Thanks for sharing your article with us.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

jade said...

They were noted for their antipasti bar and their desserts. You didn't just order one dessert........ menstrual cup canada