Monday, March 17, 2014

Gluten Free Tasty Carrot Cake

Pin It

                       Tasty Carrot Cake

     Carrot cake is one of my husbands favorite desserts, he figures he's getting a vegetable to go along with his Cream Cheese Frosting!  I have to agree I do love Carrot Cake myself, but I'm very boring, no pineapple, raisins or nuts can be involved in the the cake making process...I know so boring!  I have made this cake about 6 times now trying to find the perfect recipe, and I think this is it.  The rise is great, the texture is great and I love how moist it is, apparently so did my family and the neighbors who taste tested the cake. Just because my recipes are Gluten Free, does not mean they are fat free or calorie free; because I assure you they are not! I'm just trying to make desserts that taste and look exactly like Gluten Full desserts.  
  Just a little update if you have been following my blog, I had Brain Surgery for the 3rd time on March 3.  I'm so excited it was a total success, I finally don't have head pain after 6 years, I haven't felt this good since before I had my first Brain Surgery!!  What I've learned through all of this, I CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!    
Have a Great Day and Happy Baking, Natalie


 

Ingredients:Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
-2 1/2 cups Pamela's Bread Flour
-2 cups sugar
-1 tsp baking powder
-2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp ginger
-3 cups shredded or ground carrot
-1 cup buttermilk
-4 large eggs




 

To Make:
-You will need either 2 round or I used square 9inch pans, spray them well with Pam spray.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, bake for 40-45  minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- In a large bowl or mixer add flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, ginger and mix them together.
-Next add carrots, eggs and buttermilk and beat well.  Scrape down the sides and make sure it is all mixed in.
-Now pour as evenly as possible into the 2 greased pans and bake.  Cool for 10 minutes on wire racks them dump them out of the pans and onto parchment paper, they won't stick to this.  Then cool completely before frosting. 


Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 package room ( 8oz.) temperature cream cheese
- 1 cube butter(softened) 1/2cup
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups powdered sugar( depending on how sweet you like it)
 -1 dash salt
- milk as needed(or whipped cream, I love what it does!)

  Beat together the cream cheese and butter until creamy, then add vanilla, and salt.  Next add powdered sugar and mix together, add milk if it gets too thick.  Beat well.  I put a layer of frosting in the middle of the cakes, and then tops and sides.  If you want it to look really clean and nice, put wax paper underneath the cake, then pull it out when you are done and it will look like Martha Stewart did it( I learned the tip from her).  I make this recipe, it makes a lot, if I don't use it all I put it in a sealed container in the freezer and get it out for the next time I need to frost something, it works great when your in a hurry.    

 

My favorite thing this week is!! 

Greek Gods Yogurt, I love it!! You can eat it plain, bake with it, use it in dips whatever!





No comments: