Monday, December 9, 2013

Gluten Free Mint Truffles

Pin It

 

                                                        Mint Truffles

     I have been dying to have some truffles, store bought ones honestly.  Every time I walk into Costco, I just drool over all of the candy they have in all the fancy boxes and bags; then I pick them up and read the ingredients and start muttering Grinch type curses!!!  This happens every  time I walk into candy stores, or pretty much anywhere right now.....I love Chocolate and I can't figure out why "they" the makers of all these fun treats insist on putting Gluten in all of them!  
     Well, now that I'm through whining, I made my own SPECIAL chocolate treat, and I will say these are FANTASTIC and you could use this Truffle as a base and do whatever you would like with it, the options are innumerable, I am just really boring and my husband is even worse( he wouldn't even try one of these) he's a chocolate purist! So my thought for the day is, when you are having a lemony attitude, take the time to turn it into Lemonade!   Happy Baking, Natalie




Ingredients:
Recipe adapted from-Kitchen Deconstructed
-1 cup heavy cream
-2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
-6 TBS butter cut up

-1/8- 1/4 tsp pure mint extract
(or whatever flavoring you would like)
-4 TBS unsweetened cocoa (to coat the Truffles in if you would like)
5-gloves(it's messy)
   Here are a few other things you can put in or on your truffles- dip them in chocolate, nuts, coconut, powdered sugar, crushed candy canes, liquor flavors,mini chips, pretty much whatever else you can think of.




Putting Together:
1-Find a nice glass bowl or a medium sized pan(I used a bowl, I was feeling lazy) add the heavy cream or whipped cream, they work just the same, next add the butter.
2-Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes, it will bubble a little.  Take it out, add the chocolate chips, but don't stir them, just let them rest for 2-3 minutes and then whisk it together.  It will take a minute or two!  
3-Place this in your fridge or freezer now until it is thickish and you can roll it into balls. (25-30 minutes)  If you have one of those cookie scoops( the little ones) use it.  I however do not.
4-I used waxed paper on a cookie sheet and a tea spoon and scooped it out, it made 25 lumps, I let them chill for another 30 minutes in my freezer.
5-Put your gloves on and roll those babies into balls, then roll them in the cocoa, and Viola' you have made melt in your mouth Truffles!!!



 These are so rich, delicious and they melt in your mouth! They would make a Wonderful Christmas gift! 



     Here  are a couple of my favorite things: Heavy Whipping Cream and Heavy Cream, they make any frosting taste creamier and chocolate smoother.  They can be use in so many ways,for so many things!  I could only find pictures of Whipping Cream, but there is just Heavy Cream if you prefer.                      

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have to keep these refrigerated once they're made?

Natalie said...

@Melissa Schultz, sorry the Holidays kept me so busy and I didn't get a chance to check e-mail. If you put them in a sealed container they will last 3-4 weeks or you can freeze them. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Thanks for the question. Natalie