Monday, June 17, 2013

Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Truffle Pie

Pin It


          Dark Chocolate, Truffle Pie


     Holy cow, this has taken me 2 weeks to get this recipe up.  I want to tear my hair out, I have been trying to get ready for Girls Camp and it has taken all of my time and concentration; I am the Camp Chef for 75 people and only 5 are Gluten Free, this is 5 days 3 meals a day.  Way more work then I thought it was going to be!!!  I have to put it out there, I am SO NOT a camper, but I actually can't wait to go, and spend time with all these GREAT girls, my only wish is that I could have some of this pie brought up to Camp, that would be fabulous!  If you read my Blog, you know I LOVE Chocolate, and oh my gosh, this pie is to DIE for!!!!   As as I had my last bite, I was ready for my next piece, this is SUPER RICH AND CREAMY, if you don't love Dark Chocolate, this probably isn't for you.  One thing is for sure, this is Quick and Easy, so give it a try!  I hope you love it as much as I did,  Natalie

 

Ingredients:
 This recipe was adapted from Allrecipes.com
Crust-
-2 cups finely crushed Pamela's Extreme Chocolate Mini cookies
-1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
-1/4 cup sugar
  

 Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. 
 Cool completely
Use a bowl and mix the the cookies, butter and sugar.  Then press it into a Pam sprayed pie tin, and press it well.

Chocolate Truffle-
-12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1 1/2 Heavy whipping cream
-1/4 powdered sugar
-1 tsp pure vanilla extract
     
     In a microwaveable dish heat the chocolate chips and half the cream, cook on high for 1to2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.  Cool to room temperature, stir in sugar and vanilla and set aside.
      In a small bowl whip the rest of the cream until soft peaks have been formed.  Mix the chocolate and cream together on high until it is combined.  
     Refrigerate for 8 hours, then serve.






 

This almost tastes like
Cheesecake, to me!  So Delicious :)





No comments: