Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Gluten Free Yummy, Blueberry Muffins

Pin It

 

                Yummy, Blueberry Muffins



 

     What can I say about muffins, I think muffins are GREAT; and you really do know how much you miss them, or like them, until you can't eat them.  While I was on Vacation with the family, everyone kept having muffins with their breakfast, and it got me to thinking it is time for me to tackle muffins!  I have been really afraid to try making them, because I am SO SAD when they don't turn out!!  I have only tried to make rolls a couple of times, with sad results, so I was very leery today!  I started out with a batch of Lemon Poppy seed, and that conversion did not go as planned, they looked dry and tasted to me like cornbread, so my family just put honey on them and ate them right up.  I am so HAPPY  with these muffins, the whole family loved them, and I think next time I would even try a Crumb Topping and that would make them even better!  I will honestly say, these tasted like REAL BREAD to me, YIPPEE!!  I really hope you try them and enjoy them, Natalie   

 


 Ingredients:

-2 cups Pamela's Bread flour

-1/2 cup sugar

-3 tsp baking powder

-1 tsp baking soda

-1/2 tsp salt

-3/4 cup buttermilk

-1/3 cup oil

-1 egg lightly beaten

-1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries(do not thaw)

 

     Heat oven to 400 degrees, bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  Use muffin cups or spray the bottom of 12 muffins tins.  Let them cool 1 min, then remove from pan.

Combine flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, and salt together in mixer or bowl.  In a small bowl blend together all of the wet ingredients, then add them all at once to the dry ingredients, and mix just until the dry ingredients are moist, Then at the very end, hand stir in the blueberries, so they won't discolor your batter.  Put rounded tablespoons into your cups and bake.

 

 

No comments: