Saturday, July 21, 2012

Gluten Free Apricot Buckle Ring

Pin It
 Apricot Buckle Ring

       Once upon a time, long long ago, before I was Gluten Free I was given a wonderful cookbook by my Grandma;called  Pillsbury, The Complete Book of Baking.  I love this cookbook so much, I use to look at it with my grandma, when I would visit with her and talk about what recipes we would both like to try. Over the years this book has taught me how to bake almost anything, and boy did my family have to endure some NASTY  recipes, thank goodness my kids were tiny, when I got this.(I was not the best baker to start with, practice makes perfect!)  This poor book is now in many pieces, but I keep putting it back together, and will probably have it rebound; not because I can't replace it, but; because I have recipes that I love and fond memories of my Grandma to go along with them, I hope my kids have fond memories of the times we spend together baking too.  This recipe is one that I originally made with blueberries forever ago, this was much tougher to do then I thought it was going to be, so 2 different pans and 2 recipe re-dos  I have come up with a recipe that I really like and I hope you will too.  Natalie.

Ingredients: Cake

- 1 1/2 cups Pamela's Bread Flour blend

-2 1/2 tsp baking powder

-1 1/2 tsp baking soda

-1/4 tsp salt

-1 cup sugar

-1/2 cup softened butter

-2 eggs

-1 cup Buttermilk

-1 1/2 cups fresh apricots

  Topping:

- 2/3 cup Pamela's Bread Flour

- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ( more if you love it 1/2 tsp)

- 1/2 cup butter softened ( not melted)

- 1/2 cup nuts optional

 

This is the tube pan, topping is on top.

   

 

Heat oven to 375 degrees, grease a 10 inch tube pan.  Bake for 65-70 or until a toothpick comes out clean when tested in more then 1 spot.  The cake will be a nice golden brown.  Cool for about 20 min before you unlatch the pan.  Can be served warm or cooled.

 

In a large bowl or mixer,  beat sugar and  1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy, then add eggs and beat well.  Alternately add ingredients, and buttermilk to the sugar mixture beating well after each addition.  Spread 2/3 of the batter carefully into the bottom of the pan, then add apricots and then add remaining batter onto the top.

  In a medium bowl combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon, then use a fork and cut in the butter until it is all crumbly.  Then stir in the nuts if you choose.  Sprinkle the topping over the batter and bake.  When the topping is baked, it turns into caramel and it is WONDERFUL!!

 

This is a Bunt pan, so the topping is on the bottom.  They cook the same and taste great!

  

No comments: